Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mom & Joe's wedding

I have been waiting for these pictures for FOREVER! My mom and Joe were married back on September 17th at Red Butte Gardens in Salt Lake. The photographer Bry Cox just finished their album and blogged about it here. You can also watch the movie slideshow of the day here.

It really was the perfect day for the two of them.
One of my favorite parts of the day was when my mom did a special recognition for each of the kids. Part of my duties was to keep every thing on schedule- and did I know that schedule! When she broke from what was on the outline, I was super surprised. My mom stood and thanked Emmie for all of her help with the dress and fashion advice. She then thanked Dillon for helping out more around the house and for all the help that he gave her. Then, she had me come up to her. As I was walking she thanked me for being DJ and giving her all my music (we can really thank Tanner for that one). Once I reached her, she presented me with her bouquet and explained that she really looked forward to the day when I would find someone that made me as happy as Joe makes her.

That will always stand out as my favorite part of the day.

We have a big family dinner tonight with everyone - Mom, Joe, Dillon, Emmie, my Dad and me. This will be the first time that we've ever done something like this; I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly.

No comments: